Windy City Wellness is offering two options to address your health concerns (In-Office visits and Telehealth visits)
OPTION 1: We are accepting new and existing patients for In-Office Visits for those who desire a hands (gloves)-on experience. At this time we will be seeing patients in the office on Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment. Please contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 847-754-1946 to set up your appointment.
What we are doing to keep you as safe as possible
- All persons will be screened prior to their daily visit and will be required to answer these three questions
- Have you tested positive for COVID 19 or expressed symptoms of COVID 19 (Fever, cough, difficulty breathing/short of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, headache) within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID 19 or expressed symptoms of COVID 19 (Fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, headache, muscle pain, or new loss of taste or smell) within the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been to a health care facility that is treating COVID 19 patients in the last 14 days?
If patients answer yes to any of these questions they will be advised to contact the office directly 773-235-7878 or alternately 847-754-1946 and to stay home and quarantine for 2 weeks prior to coming in for their next appointment
- All persons (patients, doctors, staff) are required to wear a mask while in the clinic and building.
- There will only be one patient allowed in the office at a time. If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait in your car until your scheduled time.
- Upon entering the office patients will be directed to either wash their hands or use provided hand sanitizer prior to treatment session and will be encouraged to wash or sanitize hands after treatment
- Your doctor will perform hand washing prior to your session and after each session. While performing manual therapies your doctor will wear gloves as an additional barrier.
- All contact surfaces will be sanitized between patients, including treatment tables, mats, equipment, door handles, pens, and front desk.
- During treatment sessions most of the time will be spent in on open room, including exercises, stretches, consultation, exams, etc.
- To limit contact, patients will be encouraged to pay with credit or debit card
OPTION 2: Telehealth appointment are now available for those who are not able to make it in the office. Schedule your telehealth appointment through email at [email protected]
Patients can now receive virtual telehealth therapies with Dr Pontarelli on a HIPAA-secure platform.
These services are available for new and existing patients who live in Illinois
During times where access to health care is limited, there are numerous ways to restore function and reduce pain while in the comfort of your own home.
What conditions may qualify for telehealth?
- Neck/shoulder/and Lower back pain
- Headaches (generated by tension or neck dysfunction)
- Dizziness/Vertigo/Vestibular disorders
- Postural Issues
- Weight management
What to expect during your Telehealth exam?
A comprehensive history, examination, and diagnosis of your health concern. Your first visit will take approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. During that time we will look at any existing labs, imaging, or previous charts if available. If you are a new patient, prior to your exam you will be asked to fill out paperwork and various outcomes assessments. Once we have completed your exam you will receive via email various exercises that are specific to your needs, nutritional recommendations, and stress management recommendations.
Who can benefit from Telehealth?
- Patients who have difficulty travelling due to pain, disability, illness.
- Patients with limited access to physical rehabilitation practitioners
- Patients who want to improve their performance
What services are available through Telehealth?
- Core stability, stretches, and strengthening exercises
- Mindfulness/meditation/Breath training
- Vestibular/Balance therapies
- Functional Medicine/Nutritional counseling
- Hormonal/Cortisol testing (testing for trouble sleeping, low energy, anxiety, migraines)
- Eye movement therapies